Monday, February 22, 2016

Washington D.C

In October, we were able to fly out to Washington D.C. for our friends wedding and do a little sightseeing. Unfortunately, over the weekend, D.C. was hit with a horrendous tropical storm as a result of hurricane Joaquin. We dealt with a lot of rain. On the bright side (no pun intended) we were able to find parking in front of each monument. I guess we were the only dumb ones to sight see during a hurricane? 

Forgive me if the pictures are a little repetitious, but there are only so many poses you can use in front of national monuments...  

On the plane

Washington Monument




As we were walking around the Washington Monument, we heard music. Assuming it was a recording over a speaker, well luck would have it, The Fray were practicing for a concert that was being held the next day. For the next 30 minutes or so, we danced, sang, and jammed with only about 30 other people. I have to admit, I was a little starstruck when Issac Slade made eye contact and smiled at me. Honestly it was probably my adorable baby girl on my shoulders, but a I can dream right? We enjoyed our semi personal concert. Thanks Issac. 






Lincoln Memorial
"hehe I think I like this"



Sitting on Lincoln's lap


National WWII Memorial


The White House

Vietnam Monument

National Gallery of Art
Uncanny
no caption needed

Holocaust Museum
(Our Favorite)

We spent 2 days in Maryland where the wedding was being held. The wedding was at the most gorgeous vineyard, unfortunately, due to the treaterous winds, and rainfall, they had to move it into the reception center, which looked like a Tuscan mansion, so not too unfortunate... It was a beautiful ceremony, I am so happy for Nate and Courtney and that we were able to share their special day.

Groom and groomsmen


Daddy Daughter Dance


A big thanks goes to my incredible Mother in Law who watched Samuel for us while we were away.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Oh how fun! The holocaust Museum was pretty amazing and emotional for me. What a wonderful post. I am so glad there are still a few of us that haven't left the blogging world.