Sunday, March 1, 2009

Bridal Shower weekend

This weekend I went home to Spokane for a couple of bridal showers. The first one was with a few of my girlfriends who wanted to take me out on the town. We went to some trashy bars to go dance, and I got hit on quite a bit by many drunk men who were interested in the sash "bride to be" around my body. There is something about a soon to be bride that attracts males. I think maybe it's the challenge of getting them to change their minds. Anyway I would say it was a fun, and adventurous night but I am so THANKFUL I never have to set foot in another one of the bars again. Sad sad life...

I then got to spend saturday night at another bridal shower, with many women from our old Belle Terre ward. Suprisingly it was fun! Great food, awesome gifts and a funny but embarrassing film made by wayne. Wayne had to answer questions about me on this video and I had to answer the samw questions to see how well he knows me. Wayne got EVERY SINLGE one RIGHT! We were almost word for word. It was so funny! The ladies were all impressed. They said how perfect Wayne was for me, and how well he listened! However, Wayne Loved to say in the video, when we were"in bed"when he should have said, "when cuddling and talking" ya.... that was NOT the highlight of the party. I am not a whore who is always "in bed" with men. Nope not me. Anyway it was hilarious at the same time because many of the women, including my own mother loved to admit how they remember those days when they too loved to makeout. or should I say still love to make out. It was enteraining indeed. I do have to say however one of the funniest parts of the whole night was when I was opening presents and Ashley Stenzil wrote down all the different phrases i was saying during that time. She then related them to what I would say on our wedding night..... Here are were some of the things I said.....

Perfect! Thank you so much! Thank you

I always see my older sisters doing this, so this is weird (Favorite)

Aww... cute

You said I would understand this

What size is it? about 8 1/2?

Wayne is short

I wanted this so bad

Its not one of those pictures you keep

I don't really want you to take a picture right now

I don't want to hold it right now (Favorite)

I'm so excited

It was perfect

This is reusable

So there it is. I guess whenever I open gifts I really am talking about my wedding night.... I thought they were pretty funny. Let me know which is your favorite.

3 comments:

McKell said...

Lol Molly, that's pretty funny.
I think I liked the "I don't really want you to take a picture right now" and the "Perfect, thank you so much, thank you" Lol. I don't really want to imagine that though...

Dave and Abby said...

I like the one about observing your older sisters (though I'm curious what gift inspired the comment) and "I don't want to hold that right now." Emily and I are giving you your bridal shower gifts in St. George. I think it will be fun to have a couple of gifts to open the night before your wedding.

Dave and Abby said...

Oh, I also like "What size is this?" and "this is reusable."