Friday, October 24, 2014

Pregnancy Update


I have been horrible at documenting this pregnancy, which my mom and others have pointed out to me. It's probably because I despise taking selfies. It's fine when others do it, but I'm not someone who loves standing in front of a mirror posing... by myself. But after a discussion with my mother about her regrets of not taking pictures of being pregnant, I thought, I'll put aside my annoyances of selfies and do this to make my future self happy.

This pregnancy has had its ups and downs. I started the first half of my pregnancy with placenta previa, which if you know anything about, restricts you from pretty much everything. No working out, no lifting, and absolutely no extra curricular activities that may take place with a spouse... if you get my gist.  But at 22 weeks, the Doctors were shocked that in a months time, the previa had moved completely up, and I was in the clear. Hallelujah! 

My entire 2nd trimester, I felt good. Normal aches and pains, but nausea gone, fatigue lightened up, and I felt as close to my normal self as one can get. Now being 33 weeks, my aches and pains have actually gotten better, but the fatigue, heartburn, and constant bathroom runs at night, have reappeared. However, I love being pregnant. I love filling this girl kick, hiccup and squirm, and constantly making me jump. I know this is a gift not every women gets to experience, and I intend to fully embrace every moment of it. (for the most part) I know as soon as this little girl makes her appearance, I will long for her presence inside of me again, so I will appreciate that 
lodged foot in my rib cage a little bit longer.

I just saw my Doctor this week, and the baby is measuring small. They don't know if that's due to some kind of restriction within, and she'll need to be delivered sooner than later, or if I just make small babies. (Sam was small) I think my husband's Vietnamese genes, may have a little something to do with it. I thank my 4'6, 80 pound mother in law for that:)  But in a couple of weeks we'll know more as to why this little girl is, well, so little... Honestly, I am not worried. I know that whatever the reason, it will all be okay. The baby and I are both in great hands. 

Sadly, here are the only two pictures I have taken... 



I guess there is this one... Thank you to my dear friend Sabrina
for capturing this special moment... I think my sister is making fun 
of how small my stomach was? Who knows.


1 comment:

Unknown said...

I don't like to take selfies either, but I love yours! So, I think more are in order. I am so happy for you and your family to have a sweet little girl on the way. I hope everything turns out wonderful and I am sure it will. Keep up with your posts. I am finally back at it again.