Friday, October 23, 2015

First Months of the Year (2015)


I am lucky to have a mother in law who is willing to put up with my postpartum self and help out for the first month after Sophie was born. She cooked, did my laundry, played with Sam, and held Sophie so I could take naps, lots, and lots of naps. Hien Hill you are a Saint. I couldn't have been more grateful! Plus, Aunt Heidi was able to join us for Christmas. Unfortunately, for 5 out of the 7 days she was here, Sophie was very sick in the hospital. We sadly only got a few pictures of our time together. I was so happy to have them both here for the holidays !





 Our mini photo shoot 






Sophie at one month
Saying goodbye to Ba was very difficult. Sam gets
very attached. Fortunately, my mother was
 able to come soon after
Sophie at 2 months. Probably the last time she wanted
to cuddle on my shoulder
My mom came to visit in February.
We took a visit to the zoo.

One of our last outings with Jill
Took my mom to an absolute favorite, The French Pantry
Shrimp and Leek Bruschetta
Papa was able to make it out as well. Twins?
Quick Disney Trip. Creepy photo bomber included
Sam and his best friend Kallie, and little Jayda. 


Becoming buds
Sophie at 3 Months


My cousin Lindsay and her family came out to Florida to visit. They spent a week in 
Jacksonville and a week in Orlando. We joined them for a couple of days at Disney.


View from our Resort
Happy as a clam 

Official Jedi


Splash Mountain
Watching the Princess Parade

Motherly Duties: Making our kids happy
Daddy's little girl
Sophie at 4 months
Wayne and Sam had one of their notorious "dude dates" and headed down to Gainsville for the Gators scrimmage. If you know Wayne, you know he has the best luck that's humanly possible. So of course 5 minutes after watching the game "Albert" came up to Sam and Wayne and asked if they would like to sit in the front row. Typical day for the Hill boys. 


Uncle Wes came for a short visit. Always nice to see family

Day trip to Amelia Island
Wayne and I celebrated our 6th anniversary by going to a delicious French dinner at Orsay, and then attend Elton John's concert. I'm not a huge Elton fan by any means, but it was one concert worth seeing.  Plus, Elton John fans are the best kind of fans. Creepy as it may seem, but I get a kick out of drunk, passionate, yet insane people. Thanks again Elton. And thanks to my incredible husband for planning the whole thing. Being married to Wayne these last 6 years have been the best years of my life. Not a day has gone by where I haven't felt truly blessed for marrying a man that is absolutely perfect for me. Every day I love him more and more. Happy 6 years to my best friend!



No comments: