Sunday, January 19, 2014

November

We started out the month of November with some football. Wayne and I enjoyed going to the Florida vs Georgia game. I have never seen anything like it. It took over a hour for parking alone. The streets were covered in tailgaters, vender's, and hardcore fans. It was a great experience!


Wayne also took Samuel on the father-sons camp out. Every couple of hours I would get a picture sent to me showing how much fun they were having. Any time Wayne wants to take Sam camping, I'm all for it! I enjoyed some Christmas shopping, and girl talk later that night, or should I say early that morning (2am) I was supposed to feel refreshed the next day, that didn't happen... I was so happy that my boys thoroughly enjoyed themselves. Wayne is such a great dad and puts so much effort into making every activity with Sam the very best. 


For Thanksgiving we were privileged enough to go to St George Utah and visit Wayne's family and go to his family reunion. For the first few days we spent our time visiting friends. Wayne golfed with his buddies, ate at all his favorite restaurants, which was A LOT, and enjoyed watching Sam laugh and play with his Ba. Once Wayne's  family arrived, our days were devoted to family time. Cooking, movies, and watching the cousins play. Wayne's family reunion was a wonderful event. Lots of chatting, great food, and time for meet the rest of the Hill Clan.  There were a couple Thanksgiving theme pinatas for all the kids to enjoy as well. Wayne's brother and wife brought a huge pinata of a baby carriage as a way to share their news of what sex of baby they were having. Another girl! It was adorable and we are all so excited for them! We can't wait to meet her come May!



I wanted to make sure that while we were in St George to have one of my favorite photographers, Amber take our family pictures. They turned out beautifully. I couldn't have asked for a better scenery to fit in with my yellow dress :) 













Black Friday.... Wayne and his cousins all went out for a little getaway to Mesquite while my two sister in-laws and I planned to start some shopping at 8:00 (Thanksgiving day).... As always we get chatty and before we realized it was midnight. We needed to go shopping! Pregnant Diya was too exhausted (can't blame her) but Heidi and I enjoyed ourselves for as long as our eyes would allow us. We only got one sad little photo. It was fun, but defiantly tiring.


All of Wayne's family had to go back to their homes on Sunday. We were sad to see them go. Sam woke up sad saying, "I want my Family." This is when I miss living out west the most. Wayne had a little surprise. He said, "Since everyone is leaving today, maybe we should leave too." I was like yeah okay lets just change our plane tickets. Then he replies with, "no really we're leaving today. Go pack your bag we're taking off. Sam's going to enjoy some time with Ba, and you and I are going to have some time to ourselves in Vegas." Pretty romantic I'd say. 


Wayne had everything planned out. Our beautiful hotel room at Planet Hollywood. We stayed in the "Robert De niro" room. He had chilled sparkling cider for me as we got ready for dinner. We enjoyed dinner at Pf Chang's, and went to a rather weird Cirque Du Soleil show. It was good, but I now think I know what it would feel like to be on drugs. After the show we got some Starbucks hot chocolate and walked around till late hours of the night people watching. I would usually worry about being up so late, but since I knew the next morning we could sleep in as late as we wanted, it didn't matter. UNFORTUNATELY, the next morning began at 6:00 AM. I heard someone trying to get into our room. Luckily we had the door latch shut so they couldn't get in. I didn't say anything to Wayne since he was in such a deep sleep until  3 minutes later when once again someone was trying to get into our room! Yup, it was time to wake Wayne up! He being delirious, walked over, opened the door to a little Asian family who couldn't speak English. He asked what they wanted, and to go away, we were sleeping! They said they'd come back later, in whatever form they could communicate to him. STILL DELIRIOUS Wayne called down to the front desk, explained the situation and found out they made a huge mistake, and checked our room out to someone else... Needless to say, our hotel room was comped. We couldn't complain. I got to go back to sleep which was all I cared about... We ended our trip with breakfast at Hash House a Go Go. Wayne told me they had big portions, that was an understatement. It was great food, I just don't think my arteries agreed with me. It was very romantic, and Wayne once again planned an amazing getaway!  




(Breakfast)
Our trip to St George was so fun and like every time, we were sad to leave. Of course our flights were delayed due to CRAZY weather. They rerouted our entire flight. At first we were frustrated but then when Wayne realized he was sitting right across from one of his favorite baseballs players, he turned from bitter airport passenger, to little kid at Christmas. Thank you Bryce Harper, You made my husband's whole trip! 



1 comment:

Gathered Again said...

Wow! Those photos are simply gorgeous. It's awesome to see some father/son camping. My son is still too young, but I look forward to "my boys" being able to have some fun like that.

It's great that you got to attend his family reunion. It's so important for family to stick together, even if it is done through an annual event. Thanks for sharing such a lovely glimpse into your November. Have a marvelous day!

All the best,
Gathered Again