Monday, January 27, 2014

Three Years Old

I am a mother to a Three Year Old! I can't even believe it. I'm afraid I fall under the Cliche' "I feel like it was just yesterday..." And now he's a toddler! The sweetest, cuddliest, funniest toddler at that. I have no complaints. Samuel has only made my life more meaningful, and has given me a greater understanding of our purpose in life. 

We like to say, Sam is a boys, boy. He loves trucks, superheros, motorcycles, dinosaurs, pretending to fly, sports and so on. He of course loves firetrucks, which explains his firetruck themed birthday party. The fire station agreed to letting Sam and his friends come on a little tour for his party, which I thought would consist of a walk around the station,  looking at the firetruck, and maybe trying on a fireman's hat. "It will take 30 minutes..." they assured me. Oh how little I knew. These firemen went above and beyond to make the dreams of these kids come true! I could not have imagined something more incredible! Even us parents were stunned as to every little thing they did. Our "tour" consisted of playing with firemen tools, "see how high the ladder can go," dressing up as firemen, driving the firetruck, and shooting the fire hose! Our "30 minutes" turned into a 1 1/2 hours. The firemen even came on over the intercom to wish Sam a happy birthday. Truly an unforgettable experience. After the fire station, we walked to the park right next door, for some lunch, cupcakes, and playtime. It was 80 degrees, and sunny in the middle of December! Probably the only outdoors birthday party Sam will ever get. 
Happy Birthday my dear Samuel. 








"Can you show me how old you are Sam?"







No comments: