Wednesday, February 5, 2014

Holly Jolly Christmas

This was our second Christmas we've spent in Jacksonville. The warm weather still threw me for a loop, but as soon as the Christmas tree went up, my Christmas spirit was enlightened. Our home was cozy with holiday music, evergreen candles, mace bundt cake, and Christmas crafts. And how could I forget about my little Sam running around ringing his bell singing Jingle Bells, which has now become my new favorite Christmas song.




Sam didn't understand why in all of his Christmas movies
 they had snow and snowmen. We created our own version,
which Sam decided to call Yoho.
Just a couple of the cookie plates I made for some friends and family.
Maybe I'll get around to making one for myself next year :) 
We were so lucky to have my parents come for the holidays. They've had enough cold winters in Washington to last them a life time, so Florida weather seemed ideal for them. Plus, year long golfing?
 Their kind of place.




There's a famous neighborhood in Jacksonville that has a fairytale of lights. The streets are lined with cars, children hanging out of windows singing, and wishing each other a Merry Christmas. Even Santa (skinny women version) came walking down the street passing out candy canes. It was magical.



Christmas Morning is so much better when you get to watch your excited 3 year old run down the stairs to see what Santa brought them! Sam was very precise on what he wanted for Christmas. "Santa, I want a blue bike, and a dump truck."


I guess Santa listened...






Wayne's Christmas present. Driver from me, irons from my parents. One happy boy!


Samuel couldn't wait to try out his new bike! 



We got my parents tickets to the Gator bowl for Christmas. 

We took the water taxi to the stadium



It may have been rainy... but well worth it!




I thought I was wet until I saw these two... Maybe I should have handed
over one of my extra ponchos? Sorry Jill. 
We were sad to say goodbye to my parents. It took Sam a couple of days to give up on asking for them. It makes me excited for the day we get to move back west and be closer to family. Until then I guess we'll keep livin' it up at the beach. Darn...




This was a happy birthday Video we made for my sister. I look like a NIGHTMARE (don't judge), but Sam was adorable, and besides, check out his INCREDIBLE dance moves. I wonder who he gets them from...


2 comments:

Gloria said...

What great pictures, thanks for sharing. Aunt Gloria

Natalie Jane said...

I want to spend Christmas in Florida! Cute pics!