Tuesday, February 11, 2014

New Year, New Beginnings

I've never been one to plop down on a couch with my family and friends and bear my soul of all my sorrows and deep dark secrets. I try to be grateful about my life since I have been given so much when I know others have had so little. But I will say this, 2013 was one of, if not the most trialing year of my life. Luckily, I have a husband that comes home from long days at work, and comforts, listens, and holds me when days have been hard. He is my rock in every which way and I don't know where I would be without him. 
So here's to 2014. I am only looking forward with hope and surety that life works out the way it should. Instead of focusing on the future, I will focus on the now. And my now is this adorable little man, who brings light to my life.

Sam's first day of Primary. Obviously ecstatic


Almost every Saturday morning, Wayne takes Sam on a father son outing so that I can just be at home by myself, to do whatever I want. And if you're a mother, you know how precious and rare that time is. January's outing consisted of the golf range, breakfast/ park, and soccer cleat shopping. 

We also enjoyed going to the zoo with some friends. I have to say that I have been to my fair share of zoos and Jacksonville is one of my favorite. These are Sam's best friends whom we seem to do everything with. 


Children's Museum of Art and Science. Company great, museum, not so great

For anyone who knows me, I am constantly working on some kind of project. I am in the process of a few right now. (Those to come later) But of course with the new year you always think about organization. Pinterest, Costco, even good morning America was flooded with new ideas to organize. This is something that I have progressively gotten better at. Wayne and I have had a filing system that has worked great for us for the last 3 years or so. I realized it was high time to start a file box for Samuel. His papers were starting to pile up. I found this adorable file box at Target. I just cut out his name with my silhouette and vuala! 


A great start to a new year I'd say.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Awesome posts Molly! I am catching up from your November post. I tell you, the longer I wait the harder it is to post. I am finally working on October 2012. I love the fire station photos and the post with your parents coming for Christmas and I love the family photo shoot. You have such a beautiful family. In response to your comment, you are welcome to any photos I have. The one with Pam and our mothers is also on Facebook with one other if you want to just take it from there or just take it from my blog. Otherwise, I can send you a copy of the actual size. I took it back in 2008 so it was with my old Powershot (not a large photo size anyway). Ok, I am rambling. Keep up the awesome blogging, I love reading it. Love ya!