Monday, March 10, 2014

Corny Love Month

I have two words to share with you today, Pediatric Dentist. Seriously? Were they around when I was little, cause if so, life would have been just a little bit better. Going to the dentist has always freaked.me out. (except my awesome sister in law:)) So this month Sam had his first appointment at a pediatric dental office. This place was incredible. A kids dream land, really. Video games, movies, toys to choose, and every room was a fun bright color... Sam loved it!


As always, I find with every holiday I need to make some sort of decoration. Wreaths are my kryptonite. I love them, and have an entire closet to prove it.


I hosted a small Valentine's playgroup at my house, which turned out to be so much fun. The kids created or ate a cereal heart craft, decorated sugar cookies, and passed out their homemade valentine's. It was adorable. Plus, delicious food with awesome friends, calls for the best party.






For Valentine's Day, I thought it would be fun to give Wayne a "heart attack".... I blew up close to 50 balloons, stuffed them in Wayne's car and Sam and I wrote all over his windows. I love how Valentine's Day is one holiday you can do something totally corny and get away with it. "I like corny, I'm looking for corny in my life." (The Holiday)  One of my favorites. So Sam and I brought out a little corny this Valentine's Holiday.



The "Valentine's Lady" dropped off some beautiful roses for me before we went out to dinner, along with a beautiful necklace, and new frying pan."She" knows just what I like. Wayne and I enjoyed a delicious meal at one of my favorite French restaurants, Bistro Axe. We then headed over to a little European cafe for dessert. It was the perfect night away.



Sam like most little boys, is obsessed with monster trucks. So naturally when Wayne found out that the Monster Jam was coming to town he had to take Sam. He waited over a hour to win tickets on the radio. (well worth it) They had a great time! Wayne really is the best dad. While they were having their man date, I was shopping, getting dinner, watching Downtown Abbey, while working on projects. My kind of night.


February brought us some beautiful weather. We spent an evening at the beach, which I admit made me a little anxious for summer days in the ocean water.



As always, my favorite Saturday morning activity is heading down to the farmers market where we pick up fresh produce, look at all the unique vendors, sample everything, then walk over to memorial park and just let Sam run wild. We finished our day with a bike ride.
.


I ended the month with a short girls getaway to Orlando for some retail therapy, peaceful time at the temple, delicious food and to attend Time our for Women. 7 of us girls stayed in a villa. We ate junk food, did our nails, and stayed up way too late! It felt like junior high all over again. Time out for Women was incredible. I was uplifted. I laughed, I cried... a lot. I felt that every speaker was speaking directly to me. Funny how that happens... I truly loved it, and can't wait to go again next year.



No comments: