Saturday, May 17, 2014

5 years and many more to come

March in Jacksonville was a cloudy, rainy, mess. Our days consisted of us shut away inside trying to keep ourselves occupied and wait for a hint of sunlight. Luckily, we were given a couple of good days, and we took advantage. We even brought Wayne along with us...

Beach Day with Daddy


This month was our 5 year anniversary! Wayne and I always talk about how we can't believe that we've been married this long, but at the same time we feel like we've known each other forever. Not a day goes by that I am not reminded of the best decision I ever made on March 14th, 5 years ago. Advice.... Marry your best friend. 


Wayne completely surprised me with a weekend getaway to Myrtle Beach this year. Our friends came and stayed with Sam, and we were off from Friday to Sunday. Wayne's surprises are always the very best


Our resort was absolutely gorgeous. The pictures obviously doesn't do it justice. We had a gorgeous view of the river and golf course. The pool and hot tubs were completely ours at night, since March is considered freezing here? And lets be honest here. Any parents ideal vacation is relaxation. And that's just what we got.


Oh... I may have got a little gift from Wayne as well. She's a beauty and the first nice watch I've ever owned. It's rare to find a man with good taste. I have to admit, I kinda love that about him.


Our days at Myrtle Beach were filled with the most delicious food. We looked up on travel advisor the best restaurants to go to. I think we tried the top 3 or 4. One of which was at our resort. We also walked around the board walk for hours. People watching, candy shop eating, and browsing all the little surf shops. We of course took a little trip the the outlet malls... what's a trip without a little clothes shopping.



Wayne was in heaven. Every jelly bean flavor. We got one of each. 
I'm always satisfied with pear. Nothing more.


There was this incredible Ferris wheel right on the beach that we wanted to try, but we decided waiting till night would be more romantic...



We were right. It was beautiful, romantic, and a great view of all the lights.


We ended our trip spending the day in Charleston, which is one of our favorite cities. The homes are always breathtaking. We love how historical this city is, and that no matter where you go, you feel like you can go back in time. This trip we ventured to a local hotspot, okay local is not right. This place, is nation wide famous, and for good reason. Hominy Grill. Now, I'm not a huge southern food kind of girl, but I'm all about the atmosphere, and trying something new. We waited to be seated for close to 2 hours, outside, in the rain, along with 30 other people, at 2 in the afternoon. This place was insane. If you make it to Charleston, check it out. I wish I had taken pictures of our food,but after waiting 2 hours, I wasn't patient enough to take a picture. It was a great trip, and Wayne was so sweet to plan it. I couldn't have imagined a better way to spend 5 years together with my incredible husband.



We ended our month with a baseball game. Florida State vs University of Florida. Any event between these two teams is always intense, and expected to be a madhouse. I love that our little family does so many activities together. Wayne is constantly on the lookout   for something new to try. Our little lives are never dull for a moment, and I couldn't be happier.


No comments: