Thursday, June 12, 2014

Infertility, and a baby!

In my previous blog post, I mentioned the best part of our month. It was a lie. The very best part of the month was that we found out we were having a baby! I can't begin to explain the overcoming amount of joy we feel at this moment. Our prayers were finally answered after 2 long years of a ridiculous amount of negative test, ovulation test, multiple, multiple, multiple Doctor visits, infertility treatment fails, bills after bills, and enough tears to last me a life time. 2 years really isn't a long time in the eternal nick of things, but when you are going through it, that is the ONLY thought in your head, nothing else matters, and I mean ABSOLUTELY NOTHING. Motivation gone. I have a lot more to say about my journey with infertility but I feel I will save that for another day, when I have the courage to actually share it. I can say this, I have learned A LOT. My empathy for other women who have gone through, or are still going through infertility has completely been expanded beyond means. My testimony on prayer has been greatly strengthened, and my gratitude for carrying a baby can't even be expressed in words. I find myself multiple times a day thanking my Heavenly Father for this incredible blessing. However, I know now, this is a trial I HAD to go through, even though I pray I will never have to encompass it again, nor would I wish this upon my worst enemy. Infertility is one of the most lonely and difficult pains a women can feel, and if you know someone who is going through it, show compassion, give them a hug, and tell them you are there for them. Don't give them the, "You just need to relax," speech, or "you're still young, you have plenty of time," or "be grateful you have a child." (of course I am grateful for my child!) Whatever wise words you have, keep them to yourself. We know. We just need to know you are there through this difficult time with a listening ear, and a shoulder to cry on. I was blessed to have great support from my family, and some dear friends that were constantly there for me. They made all the difference. With that being said,

Our announcement:


This picture explains it all really. Sam can't WAIT to be a big brother! (maybe not Otis) I can't count how many times, Sam asked, and prayed for his brother, or sister. That broke my heart more than anything else. The day we got to tell him his prayers were answered was one of the best days of my life! December can't come soon enough! 

2 comments:

Kristin said...

So so happy for you guys!! What a journey. I hope you do share your story eventually. The stories that break us and then remake us are the most inspiring to hear about. BEST picture of Sam. Can't wait to see pics of him loving on his new baby sibling! xox

Unknown said...

Congratulations Molly!! That was written so beautifully. I know A LOT of girls that struggle with infertility and while I'm not a mom myself, I've learned to be way more sensitive with my words and even sympathy for others. Thanks for sharing and again, congrats! You have the cutest family :)