Wednesday, November 19, 2014

Baby Showers and Duck Faces

I can't believe I only have 3 more weeks until this baby is due. THREE MORE WEEKS! I've been racking my brain aimlessly trying to get everything in order, and I still feel like I have so much to do. I have cleaned every ounce of baby clothing, blankets, bedding, bottles, binkies ect. My house is decorated for Christmas! (don't judge) My Christmas cards are done. I've kept up on my weekly selfies:) You're welcome. Duck face included :() But yet, I still feel out of sorts. I want to feel completely ready, but I've finally realized that's not going to happen.  I don't think anyone can be fully prepared to have a baby join their family. Am I excited? Of course! Am I Scared! Who isn't! My life is about to change forever. But we truly can't wait to meet our little girl, 
and fill that void we have felt for too long. 



Sam surprised me with a little belly shot as well. My face was
not planned. I think I was in the middle of saying "Ha! what are you doing!"
Does he look like he's 8 years old here???



              To top off getting ready for this baby, three of my close friends threw me the most perfect baby shower. Simple, yet, beautiful. They know me all too well. The food was delicious, games were sweet memories of the past, and of course the consistent laughter never stopped. I love these women! 






5 of us are having babies within a couple of months of each other. 3 girls, 1 boy, and a mystery! My dear friend Lindley (purple shirt) and I are due the EXACT same day, both with girls. What are the chances?  I can't wait for this baby girl to have 5 little friends. My friend Steph (the one holding the baby) had her 10 lb baby a WEEK prior. Couldn't believe she came! Such a sweet surprise.



Thank you, thank you, thank you for giving me such an incredible shower friends!
I love you all so much! 

Who knows... maybe the next time I blog, I'll have a baby. We shall see!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

How fun! Showers really get you excited about having a baby.